Sunday, 18 April 2010

Hmmm... Soup!

Well if you know me at all you will know that i am not particularly domesticated! I haven't been married a year yet, but i am gradually picking up the housewifely jobs. I am particularly proud of myself in the last few weeks as i have been making soup! A lovely lady names Penny that i had the priviledge to work with last term gave me this recipe for Tomato Rice Soup. Sounds a little odd but i have found it great for taking to work as a quick lunch!

Ingredients:
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 can of stock
1 onion
handful of rice (or however much you want)
Tbl spn Dried herbs

Its sooooo easy to make, obviously as i can make it. I like to add a few extras to it too like some finely chopped pepper, bacon and sometimes a sprinkle of chilli flakes to give it a kick. If i have it, i like to use fresh basil too instead of the dried herbs. The good thing about this recipe is its made up of things you'll have in your cupboard! So no forward planning required! (Thank goodness!)





I'm new to this blogging lark and thought i'd take some pictures as i made it. Granted the picture of it cooking does not look very appertising! But it is scrummy!





My sister Mel has just given me a recipe for a thai chicken soup which i may give a go. If you know of any easy recipes along this line, please leave me a message!

4 comments:

  1. Love the header picture and I will definitely be trying that one as it sounds scrummy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharky - thanks for the recipe sounds good.
    I really enjoyed reading about your holiday in Rome you have a lovely way with words. I love having an insight into other peoples lives & yours sounds so good.
    I'll be reading a bit more at coffee time.

    Cheerio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. Rome was awesome, i really enjoyed it! yeah i've been trying out photobucket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharkey,
    Love the colours you've chosen for your blog.
    I shall have a try at the soup recipe, looks delicious.
    Sounds like you've had an eventful year, your bridesmaids dresses are wonderful, I can just about sew a button on.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!