Thursday, 16 September 2010

TA DA! It's finally Done! Come See!

Really proud and so glad to FINALLY be showing you all my finished blanket!!!






Made from about 10 different blue yarns, i used the Jan Eaton book to make a total of 48 squares! Some of the squares i had done before on my last blanket but most of them were new so i learnt how to do quite a few patterns again. My favourites have to be the bobbles in different colours and 3d flower ones. I actually really liked the granny stripe one too. I have seen lots of bloggers trying granny stripe blankets lately and i can see why they are enjoying them so much now. Really quick but look great with bright colours!























I made 6 rows of treble crochet for the border using three colours. I found a pattern for the edging on the Internet and adapted it slightly. Basically its lots of chains interlocking with double crochet. The wool i used for the edging was a gift from Linda for our Anniversary, it fades from grey to blue to green and was perfect to finish the blanket with!








I just finished this masterpiece (alright i might be exaggerating a bit but it took ages!! Therefore is a masterpiece to me!) at the beginning of the week and wrapped it up as one of my hubby's birthday presents. The look on his face yesterday was priceless when he thought this was his only present. I soon made him smile with some really fancy chisels and a new plane (of the carpentry kind).
So there you have it. All sewn together, bordered up and finished! Ahh.. deep sigh of relief!
... Although now i am already missing working on a blanket... my current work in progress is a hot water bottle cover for Grandma G's 80th Birthday in a couple of weeks. Then i will move back to my ripple blanket i think. It has been lovingly shoved in a draw for the past couple of months and i think its time it had an airing and had a few rows added to it!

7 comments:

  1. I think it is absolutely gorgeous and even more I think you are sooooooooooooo clever conquering and having the patience for that book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharky, I just had to tell you how much I love your gorgeous blue blanket. You should be very proud of creating such a treasure so soon after learning to crochet!

    I have a copy of the Jan Eaton book & you have inspired me to get it ff the bookshelf and have a rummage through my little (lol) stash!

    Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a stunner. I love it!
    I have such admiration for those that have the patience to make blankets.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a gorgeous blanket! You must be very proud.
    Thanks for your comment and advice regarding my
    cushion.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - just found your blog and this blanket is FANTASTIC! The colours and the different blocks look stunning and it must have taken you AGES (well, it would have taken ME ages!). Well done and I look forward to visiting your blog in the future.
    Caz from Never Knew :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!