Sunday, 12 September 2010

Wondeful Weekend!

I've just got back from a really great weekend in South Devon. It was my hubby's cousin's wedding on Saturday and TA DA! the dress was finished in time!!

I am thoroughly pleased with how it turned out. Believe me i was starting to think it wasn't going to be ready when Thursday evening i was doing LOTS of hand sewing! I had a lot of compliments and my sister would like me to make her one (maybe I'll wait til she's had her baby though! ;) ) My hubby also made himself a tie Thursday night so that we were co-ordinating. We are a bit sad like that. Now that I've shown him how to make ties there's no stopping him!





The wedding was gorgeous, it had a farming / harvest theme to it as the Brides parents are farmers. The flowers were lovely, lots of greenery with roses, Lillie's and of course wheat! The ceremony was in a charming little church in Abbotskerswell followed by a reception at their family home. They hired a massive marque for the occasion which was decorated with wheat, milk churns of flowers and really cute bunting!

One of the first things you were greeted with was the Bride and Groom scare crows!






Each table had their own Roast beef joint and one person at each table had been nominated as 'carver of the marital meat'. The favours went down extremely well with me, being a chocolate lover, truffles, hand made by the Groom! The whole day was brilliant, amazing sunny weather after the terrible week of rain we've had and lots of dancing in the evening!

I wish Mark and Vicky a wonderful life together and hope they enjoy their honey moon in Bali!



Hubby Owen and his parents.













3 comments:

  1. Hi, dropped in from Chalky's, thanks for the lovely piccies. It sounds like the wedding was a great success.
    My eldest D(step)D has holidayed in Egypt a few times & she eventually took scuba diving lessons to enjoy the 'seanery'.

    I often look at your blog (you are on my dashboard) I enjoy reading it. Thought it was time I let you know.

    Cheers!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh this is lovely! What a great post.
    I'm so pleased you had a good time.
    I did email Linda, that square has been taken.
    She will have to choose another?
    Love to you,
    Suex

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!