Monday, 31 October 2011

Multi-coloured stripey tassel scarf

I am very excited today because i have had my first Sharky Knows order for christmas! A few wristwarmers and a scarf! Lets hope this is the start of a flurry for my Sharky Knows facebook page - Check it out and forward it to all your friends and family!

Also this week i have another finished project to show! A brightly coloured scarf for one of my nephews. It was a really simple pattern i found online - basically chain a length long enough for what you want (this one is for my 3 yr old nephew so i chained 170 to start). Then trebble in every chain across, changing colour at ends. You can obviously do any colour combination or number of rows of each colour as you want. For this one i used 6 colours and did one row in each then repeated the colours in reverse as you can see.



I added tassels to mine, which i think finish it off really nicely! To do this i just cut lengths of yarn just over four times the length i wanted. I then folded them in half and in half again. Using my crochet hook i pulled a loop of wool through, just enough so i could pass the ends of the wool through it and pulled it tight into a knot. (not sure if this makes sense, i should have taken pictures of the steps, but i'm sure there are loads of tutorials and instructions online).



This is how the end looked before the tassels - fine, but a bit boring in my opinion.


My husband chose the colours - really bright, cheerful and will pretty much go with anything! I have made another one for my other nephew but forgot to take photos before i wrapped it up. Hopefully i will get a picture of it when he's opened it at the end of december.

Just got 5 more weeks of work now until i finish for Maternity leave so looking forward to that! Counting down the weeks til the boy should arrive... less than 7 to go now!!! yay!!!


3 comments:

  1. Sharky, would you please contact me at susancussatyahoo.com? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh lovely scarf, very boyish. I never thought to crochet a scarf..........

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!