Sunday, 21 July 2013

Appliqué fun

This technique of appliqué using bondaweb is very easy and popular amount sewers and crafters. 

Follow the instructions for how to use bondaweb, basically requires a bit of ironing and cutting! 


This panel of the corset features a diamond design, made with appliquéd shapes which I later couched around using cording and embroidery threads. Done on the machine with a zigzag stitch, this creates more of a 3d effect and makes the diamond shapes really stand out! Slightly fiddly to do at the corners. 


With this panel I mixed some appliqué shapes with organza hearts and did some crazy stitching on them to add a bit more interest. 



I hope you have liked seeing some of the creativeness I have been getting up to. A few more panels needed in order to finish the Alice in wonderland corset. I just hope I get the time to finish it before I go!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!