Sunday, 15 December 2013

Quick snowflake pattern


Time is ticking on... We are preparing for our journey back to the uk for the Christmas holidays and so looking forward to spending time with our families. We haven't seen most of them in about 4 months since we made the move to Dubai. 

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been doing some Christmas crafts with William to take back to the uk. I made a few of these really quick and easy snowflakes to pop in the bag for a special lady who I know will appreciate them. 


So here is the pattern. I used a 3.5mm hook and double knitting yarn in white. Obviously you can be as adventurous as you like with these or keep them classic. Great little pattern for using up wool stashes and to pop in stockings or use as tags on presents. 

- Chain 4, slip stitch into first chain to make a circle. 
- chain 4, now working into the centre circle, hdc, ch 2 (5 times).  Join to 2nd chain of your first chain 4, creating 6 hdc and spaces. 
- slip stitch into space, chain 3, sl st into same space, chain 5, sl st into same space, chain 3, sl st into se space, chain 1. 
- repeat this in each space left, creating a 6 spoked snowflake design. When you have finished the last space, slip stitch into first sl st of the round. 


I made a few bigger ones by increasing the chains on the spokes to 5, 7, 5. 
it is best if you block these. If you want to hang them on your tree you could try coating them in a fine layer of pva glue to make them stiffer. 

There are loads of snowflake patterns about at the moment. I may make some to turn into bunting at some point. For a summery version I may mix coloured snowflakes with some flower ones! 



So about 10 days to go til Christmas so I hope you are all looking forward to enjoying your time with loved ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!