Sunday, 15 December 2013

Sweet corn fritters recipe

I got this recipe idea from my mother in law. I thought it would be a great way to sneak some veg in for William. 



They take just a few minutes to prepare. Just chuck all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it up. 

Then heat a little of the oil in a pan and spoon in dollops of the mixture, make sure to space them out a bit so they don't form one massive fritter (although that might be nice!) they should be about 1cm thick. 

Cook them for a few minutes on both sides. I served them with a blob of sweet chilli sauce. 

  • 30g plain flour
  • half tsp baking powder
  • quarter tsp salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 x 200g can sweetcorn, drained (drained weight 170g)
  • 1 large or 2 small spring onions, finely sliced
  • 2 tbsp sunflower or canola oil for frying
I added a handful if chopped carrots and peppers too. So feel free to add any veg you may have hiding in the fridge! 

William loved them. Especially when I called them mini pancakes!

2 comments:

  1. Yours look lovely. They are so great for picnics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a blogging friend of Linda's and she suggested we visit your blog. This recipe looks delicious, thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower and I'm looking forward to following along with your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!