Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Ibn battuta mall, Dubai

My hubby went away for a few nights this week on a camping trip in the desert with his school, so I took full advantage of this opportunity and went shopping! Well, why wouldn't you?

Across the whole of Dubai at the moment, all the shops and malls are taking part in the 'Dubai shopping festival'. (To other Britons out there, it's January sales basically!) This means that the big malls are heaving at the moment and it is just carnage trying to even ind a car park space let alone enjoy walking around the malls! So I ventured to an area of Dubai that we rarely go and went to Ibn Battuta mall. It is a large mall, but not as big as the famous ones like Dubai mall and mall of the emirates. It is really pretty inside, the ceilings are painted like a delicate sky. Themed around the travels of renowned 14th century Arabian explorer, Ibn Battuta, the mall’s six courts reflect the most influential places he travelled to – Andalusia, Tunisia, Egypt, Persia, India and China.

There is loads more information on the mall on the Ibn Battuta Mall website.





I didn't take too many photos as I thought I would look like a weirdo. But managed a few of the random displays they had. I didn't even explore the whole mall, (there is only so much shopping willi can take!) but there are meant to be restaurants there too I think. Maybe I will get to check these out another day when with hubby. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the designs on the roof/ceiling - probably not unusual over there, but it would be very unusual over here!! Hope that you get to go back and explore some more, it sounds very interesting. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!