Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Yummy soup

First of all, I did attempt to make some carrot and ginger soup and it was pretty good! William has eaten it twice for lunch now so it must be alright!!


To make it I simply chopped 4 carrots, 1 potato, 1 onion, 1 clove garlic and grated a small chunk of fresh ginger and put it all in a pan to boil in 1 ltr of chicken stock. 

Once the veg was soft and it was smelling good I let it cool and whizzed it in a blender. I think I put a sprinkling of herbs in it too.  

As you can probably tell, I am not the most accomplished cook but this was easy, fairly quick and cheap to make. It was a great way to get some veg into William and nice to see him enjoying it. The smell was gorgeous too and it made me think of my mum as I know she loves ginger  a lot! I think I will cook it again when she comes to visit me in Dubai next month!

In other news, I have done a lot of blog hoping, searching and debating with myself on what crochet along to do. I have found a couple to join in with, quite a few people are doing this mood blanket project which sounds interesting. I have started it already but wanted to have something to show when I join up with the crochet alongs. But I have catching up to do as it's already the 8th jan! 

So hopefully next post will be my cal project. Hope your all enjoying your first week back to normal after the holidays! 

3 comments:

  1. That soup sounds delicious . Glad you and William are enjoying it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that you are a better cook than you think, but soup is a great thing to cook yourself isn't it! Looking foward to seeing your crochet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your soup sounds yummy, home made soup is always so much nicer than any you get in a tin. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!