Saturday, 22 February 2014

Lost chambers aquarium, Atlantis, Dubai


Its been half term this week, yay! Which means time with my family! Having my parents here for the last few weeks means we have been doing the obvious tourist attractions, as well as seeing a few new places that hubby and I have not been to yet!

You may have seen in a previous post of mine in November, that we took the monorail down the Palm in Jumeriah to the Atlantis Hotel. It was great fun and William really enjoyed the monorail. We do not live in an area of Dubai where we catch the train or anything so it was a real treat and exciting experience for him! 

So we decided to do it again, with my parents this time. It was a lovely day, really warm and sunny and the trip on the monorail meant we could show them some amazing views of the Palm and Atlantis hotel. (I wont bore you with more photos of the Palm, check my previous post here for that). 

When we arrived at Atlantis we went to explore the Lost Chambers Aquarium. I thought it was a little pricey at first, 100 AED per adult (or 75 AED for a resident), thats about £18. But as soon as we walked inside, it was clear to see it was going to be worth it!


The colours were just amazing, and the variety of fish was astounding! The whole ambiance of the aquarium was brilliant, they had really thought about the styling of it and all the walkways made you feel like you were entering deeper into an abandoned lost city of Atlantis. 


William loved stopping to gaze into the massive tanks. They really were huge! It is hard to capture them in photos!




These Jelly fish were one of my favourite parts! They are obviously lit up with colour changing lights and the effect was awesome! I was taking photos with my Iphone so they are not particularly great quality, plus the lighting is very dull and dark in the Lost Chambers.



A great day out for families and just adults. It is very hard to not be impressed here. We also had a little walk around the Atlantis Hotel, well bits of it that us commoners are allowed to look at anyway! The stair cases leading up to the hotel rooms looked pretty cool, and i couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to be able to walk up them and actually stay the night overlooking the aquarium! I dread to think how much that would cost...

For now, i am content spending happy times with my little family and adding to Williams memory bank of Dubai!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it looks like an amazing place to visit! Your photos look great to me too!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!