Sunday, 9 March 2014

Desert camping!


We have had an awesome weekend here in Dubai. The weather is warming up even more, not far off 30oc during the day now and on Friday we jumped in the car and drove off into the desert with some friends! 


Now I know that blog posts should be fairly informative and I should tell you exactly where we went and what was near by etc etc... But I can't. I have no idea. 

Our friends had been to this spot in the desert before so we were completely at their mercy. And apart from gettin our car stuck on a sand dune (40 minutes and 2 Pakistani helpers later) it was the perfect spot. We camped out at the bottom of a sand dune and did the whole camp fire, BBQ, toasting marshmallows thing. 

The views from the top of the sand dunes were stunning. It's amazing how such stark, barren land can look so beautiful!



The friends we went with have 3 lovely girls and they were brilliant with William. As you can see he had some great fun in the sand with them. Somehow their choice of attire (Christmas onesies) didn't seem quite right in the desert, but they all had an awesome time. 


I must give some credit to my hubby as he took most of these photos. And good old Instagram makes them look even better. 


In other news, I have raced ahead with a granny stripe blanket I am making for a special boys 1st birthday in a couple of weeks. I am quite impressed with how much I have got done in just 4 days (and that's as well as going camping!). I have to keep the momentum going as the deadline is looming and I have other projects to do too. 


Hopefully I will be back soon with the finished tada! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow - looks an amazing place!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you can be more than forgiven for not knowing your precise location in the desert! In any case, even if you knew where you were, if anyone was to return it would look totally different by then! Your blanket is looking great, I'm glad that you are getting some orders, I hope that it goes really well for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures. What an adventure. I, too, am so pleased your lovely work is getting some lovely attention x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!