Monday, 19 May 2014

Crochet African flower blanket

Ta - Da! 


I have finally finished my African flower crochet blanket. I'm not sure why it took me so long to finish to be honest. It feels like it's been on my hook for ages! I suppose I have done a few projects inbetween. Anyway, it's the first time I tried this pattern, I had seen it slot on Pinterest and crochet websites and thought I should give it a go! I like making different patterns and get bored making the same things all the time. This was a new challenge by making hexagons. 


The sewing together seemed to take a while, but I really enjoyed crocheting the flowers. The colours I chose were a bit different for me too! I don't normally pick girly colours, but it had done so many boys blankets in blues and greys recently I thought I should do something for the girlies. 

I chose to do a scalloped shell edging for this blanket, hoping it would mirror the shapes of the flower petals. There are loads of African flower patterns you can find online if you want to have a go yourself. I also found it helpful perusing Pinterest for different colour combinations. I saw a lovely one with White, blues and greens and also another one of just pink shades. 


Overall, I would say it is pretty successful! I love the colour combinations and I am sure a little girl somewhere will be very happy with it! As I write, I am getting a few likes on my Instagram pictures of it! Hehe. I would make this pattern again, although I would do a bit of research into the join as you go methods. I found sewing in ends and sewing the hexagons together a bit tiresome. Worth it in the end though!




If you would like to follow me in other ways, search for me on Instagram and Pinterest! 


2 comments:

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!