Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Another baby blanket all done!

Tada! Just wanted to quickly show you another baby blanket I have finished this week. It is for a lovely family expecting a new baby boy I'm September. 


Unfortunately I was unable to attend the baby shower at the weekend, but have whipped this pram size blanket up ready for baby's arrival. I decided to do a mixture of colours, so rather than just traditional blues I added some lime greens, turquoise and apple greens. I enjoyed making it as I love doing these giant granny squares with mixed stitches. They come together fairly quickly and I suppose you could use up some of your wool scraps to make one. I have lots of small bits of these colours left and I am considering just making another big granny out of them with random colour changes. What do you think?


It's so bright and cheerful and I really hope the recipients like it! 

I have so many little things to blog about from the last few weeks but don't seem to be getting round to actually doing it! I am trying to finish things off and get sorted as next weekend we will be flying back to the uk for the summer holidays. 

One of my next posts will be about travelling with little ones, so if you have any tips please let me know! 


3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and a lovely gift for a baby!! Hope that the flight goes well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blanket at hat is a lovely blanket. I love the way you blend colours and patterns x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you've used in the baby blanket--a really nice gift!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!