I cannot believe we have been in Dubai for nearly a year! What a year it has been!
I guess the biggest thing has been taking the leap of faith to change our life completely. My hubby was not happy with his old job, he had been there for 9 years and a lot had changed in that time, so it was time to move on. At first, I did not realise that 'move' would be abroad! But hey ho!
I think I can look back now and say it was one of the best decisions we have ever made (next to getting married and having William I should say!). It has improved our every day life immensely. Hubby is so much happier at work, he comes home smiling and excited about his day. Even if he has a hard day, a quick dip in the pool makes it all go away.
It's true living here in Dubai does make you feel like you are on holiday. I wasn't sure how I would feel about not having a job for myself and being a stay at home mum, but I have enjoyed every bit of it. Well perhaps not the two month stint with Williams broken leg but we won't talk about that right now!
I have tried my best to make sure William is having fun and eventful experiences, there has been a lot of crafting, cooking, swimming and playing going on! All this will continue for another year, and I will make the most of it! It won't be long until he starts school in September 2015!
So as I prepare for our trip back to the uk for the summer, I am thinking about the following...
- slightly cooler temperatures! It is 45oc here in the day now, so a nice 25oc uk summer would be lovely! Even if it only lasts a few days.
- pork sausages, bacon, roast ham etc. even though you can get pork here, it is kinda expensive and you have to go to specialist supermarkets so we don't get it that often. I'm not obsessive about pork or anything, I just think when you can't have much of something, you want more!
- roast dinners
- crafting sessions with Linda. Some of you know my mother in law Linda, her blog is chalkysworld.blogspot.co.uk we have a lot of crafting hobbies in common and enjoy a project or two when we spend time together. Not sure what it will be yet but I'm going to predict card making and some sort of crochet or sewing!
- grandparent and William time. I love William, I love playing with him. But it's also nice to just sit and read or do nothing while the grandparents entertain him for a while. I'm looking forward to seeing him playing in the gardens, help pick fruit and veg, and wind up his grandads by making a huge mess probably!
- holiday in Spain. We are having a week in Spain with my brother and his wife and I am sooo looking forward to it. We love visiting my I laws house there, it's very chilled out, lovely weather, nice local markets and beaches etc. my brother and his wife really deserve a holiday so I can't wait to show them the local bar for tapas and wine and enjoying the sun on the balcony!
-nieces and nephews. I haven't seen my nieces and nephews for 6 months, since we were back at Christmas! It seems like ages ago in some ways. They are such good fun and William loves playing with them so I'm looking forward to spending some time with them!
-general family time. I do miss my family being so far away from them. Skype is a wonderful thing but it's not the same. My brother can't give me a noogie on it, and my sisters can't do my nails and my hair. I can't snuggle up with my brother and sisters kittens, be dragged into the garden to play with Ben or to Maya's bedroom to see her latest freaky looking doll, ride bikes with Nathan and Chloe.
So off we go, bye for now Dubai. Don't worry, we will be back before you know it. Probably looking a bit paler and maybe fatter after being fed up by mothers!