Saturday, 26 July 2014

crafting with cards

I often get the crafting bug when staying with my mother in law Linda. I think many of my readers also follow her blog Chalky's World. If you haven't seen her blog, pop over and say hi. It's a lovely, personal read with insights into her family life and crafting! 

One of the makes Linda is always stocking up on is cards. After living in Dubai for a while now, I have noticed that cards are quite expensive, and most of the time not even that nice! I am finding that William has more friends in Dubai so we often need a card or six for children! 

Now we have made these cards before but we also tried a few new designs. All these ones were made using different papers appliqu├ęd onto the card and sewing on top using a sewing machine. I like the shabby chic look so the sewing is deliberately not accurate. Some have greetings added but most are left blank as they can be used for many different occasions. 




I love these hearts. They are so cute. Gorgeous for valentines day, anniversary or wedding day. Or simply a thinking of you card for someone special. While making here I had an idea... I think it would be lovely to make my own papers with text in different languages. Obviously living in Dubai Arabic would be nice, perhaps just repeating 'love' in Arabic? 


Funny little robots for a boys birthday.


This was a new design I had a go at. I had seen similar ideas on Pinterest but tweaked it slightly. Lines created on the sewing machine, a greeting and a selection of mismatched buttons. Love the colours. A very simple design that can be used for any occasion. 

Well, my crafting has been slowly continuing while visiting family here in south devon. I have a crochet blanket that is nearly finished so will hopefully show you that soon. 

Have you been busy crafting?
 
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards and a nice reminder of your time in Devon when you are back home again! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!