Tuesday, 30 September 2014

'D' week - back to school

Delving into 'D' week...

This is probably going to be one of Williams favourite weeks, take a look.

Dinosaur printing. Painting dinosaur feet and stamping them onto paper.


Dinosaur stamps. This Melissa and Doug stamp set is awesome. One of his aunties gave it to him for his birthday last year and he loves it! There are other themed sets too, take a look on Amazon. 


We have also been to the library and found these great books, stomp dinosaur stomp and Abu Ali's donkeys.
 


Dough. We made our own playdough using a recipe I found online. No cooking required, just flour, salt, hot water and a bit of oil. William has enjoyed this so much! I have been leaving it in a tuperwear box on the table and he keeps returning back to it for a quiet half an hour here and there.


Dinosaur tracks. We used his dinosaurs to make tracks in the dough. William loved seeing the shapes appear, rolling the dough again and repeating. 


Our baking for this week was obviously going to involve a Dough. Now, I don't know about you but I struggle to get fruit and veg into William. As a baby he was brilliant and ate almost anything. Nowadays though he just doesn't fancy it. I am constantly on the look out for sneaky ways of getting fruit and veg into dishes for William without him really realising. So this week we made a Dough with mango purée. 

I found the recipe here for these teething biscuits for babies http://www.familyfeedbag.com/2011/10/baby-cakes.html
I just substituted the prunes for mango. It worked really well and William ate loads of them! It only took him about 3 days to eat all this lot! Now personally, I thought they were a bit gross, probably because there is no sugar in them! But William didn't seem to care. I will probably make some more of these next week as they went down so well! 


The last thing I did was to print off some letter writing pages, you know, ones with dotted lines for kids to follow. I know this is probably way too early for William as he isn't even three yet, but I thought I would give it a go and just introduce him to the whole process really. He did it really well, and when encouraged he thought it was brilliant! He even dragged one of my friends to the table to show her how he can do it. I was really proud of him for trying. 

I hope you are enjoying your week. :) 








2 comments:

  1. What a great D week you have had! I love the donkey with the furry yarn tail and mane! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all children seem to like dinosaurs - especially boys. I'm sure William is having so much fun. The donkey is great - I love donkeys.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!