Monday, 6 October 2014

A very special project

I have the most wonderful news!!!

My brother and his wife are expecting their first baby! It is due in march next year and is a very special baby indeed. We are all over the moon about the news, it is a very long awaited baby and our family were all in floods of tears when he told us! 

So naturally I have to make them something! I have been down to the wool shops here in Dubai and picked out the most gorgeous microfibre yarn. It is sooooo soft and snuggly! I am using a granny stripe pattern for the blanket and I am loving it already!


The colours are amazing, so bright and cheerful! Each night I work on it I am thinking about the baby soon to be wrapped up in it! It is so exciting! 

I am hoping to have time to make some other little bits and bobs, like hats and booties, out of the same microfibre yarn too. I will be travelling back to the uk at Christmas time and will see my brother then, But will not see the baby until the following summer when it will already be 3 months old. 

I can't wait to show you the finished blanket. I seem to be working it up fairly quickly, I think it's the excitement coming out! 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your brother and his wife. It's lovely that they will soon be able to have their own baby. The blanket you're making looks so soft and the colours are amazing. I'm sure they will love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!