Monday, 17 November 2014

Desert Palm Polo Club - Pony Riding


We had a special treat this week and paid a visit to the Desert Palm Polo Club! It's a beautiful location, not too far off the 311 old emirates road here in Dubai. A little oasis of green and nature in the middle of a bustling desert city! 

There's quite a lot going on at Desert Palm, with competitions and riding lessons, so definitely check it out if you love horses. I took William along with a couple of his friends to have a pony ride. He had an awesome time! I was a little worried that as he is pretty young and hasn't done this sort of thing before, that he may freak out and not want to do it. But I had no reason to worry! He was a little star! As soon as he selected his helmet, he was whisked onto a horse and immediately became an experienced cowboy! 



He grinned the whole time! The horses were fab, really well behaved and the stable hands leading them around were nice and slow and cautious with the kids. I snapped away like the proud mummy that I am! The grounds of the club were beautiful and it was so nice to have a wonder around while other riding lessons were going on. It made me think back to my childhood, when I lived on a farm and rode horses every week. I wanted to dump my stuff and find a horse for myself! Maybe next time! 


It was so nice that Williams friends could come along too. Liam, pictured above, is going to turn two next month, and he thoroughly enjoyed it as well!



The ride lasted about 10 minutes or so, and afterwards we were allowed to take a stroll through the stables and visit some of the other horses. I must say, some of them were huge! So who knows what the little ones were thinking when they were gawping up at them! 

We had a brief coffee in the little coffee shop and a walk around the grounds, checking everything out. We will definitely go again sometime soon, and maybe take a picnic next time. If you have been to Desert Palm, how did you enjoy it? I would love to hear your experiences too! 

For those of you who are thinking of going, here's the details....

DESERT PALM RIDING SCHOOL 
Tel: +971 4 3238010 
Email: ridingschool@desertpalmllc.com
http://www.dubaipoloclub.com

Pony rides 4-6pm, Saturday - Thursday 
Cost: 20 aed for approx. 10 mins
Ages: under 5

For riding lessons for over 5 year olds, just contact the polo club at the number above. Info above relevant as of November 2014. 





2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great time. I've only ever been on a horse once in my life and I was terrified!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!