Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Happy new year!

Happy new year everyone! 

I hope you have had a great few weeks celebrating Christmas and new year with your friends and families. We went back to the UK for the Christmas holidays and had a blast seeing all our family again. Time seemed to go so quickly but it was lovely to go back. 



It was also nice to come back home to Dubai after too! When we arrive back and leave the airport, I look around at the passing scenery a little differently now. It is feeling more like home. I know where I'm going, I love it here, and we are so happy living our expat life here! 


I just had a scroll back to my New Years post last year. I posted four aims for the year and thought I'd see how I've done! 

1. Be more creative. I have succeeded pretty well with this one! I have made quite a few blankets for people this year, new babies mainly! I will post the photos soon of those! I have a few ideas of things I'd like to make this year. Again, some are for new babies of friends and family. I have also been creative in baking too, trying new recipes and trying to get fruit and veg into William where I can!

2. Explore. We have certainly done that over the year! We have been to many places in dubai, as a family and with friends and parents. We even managed to fit in a holiday to the maldives in October! That was truely amazing! As we have parents visiting in February and at Easter, I am sure we will be trying out some new places with them, and some old favourites! 

3. Get more active. Well the jury is still out on this one. (Not out running that's for sure). At the beginning of the year I went out each week with a group of ladies to go for walks and jogs around our complex. It went well and I enjoyed meeting other mums and getting some exercise. Then the summer in dubai hit and I just found it too hot. I did manage to get some lengths in at the pool where I could. I think being active and exercising is going to be an ongoing battle with myself. We will see how this goes! 

4. Be more positive. I haven't written anything negative on my social media, but then again I always tried not to anyway. In general I think I have done ok at this. When things annoy me or wind me up, I am trying to put a positive spin on it. E.g. When William is having an afternoon where all he seems to do is wind me up, I remind myself that this time is precious and it won't be long til he is at school and then I will miss him. 

For me, these four aims are broad enough that I will keep them for this year too. I love trying new places in Dubai and sharing my experiences on my blog. I'm also loving being creative with William, enjoying our special time together for the next 8 months before he starts nursery school. 


Have you got any goals for the year ahead? Did you manage to complete any you set last year? I'd love to hear from you! 

1 comment:

  1. I think you do amazingly well on all fronts and I hope 2015 prices to be really special xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!