Friday, 27 February 2015

Crochet lovey baby gifts

I seem to have a lot of friends with babies arriving and as always, I have been trying to make them some special homemade gifts. Two have already received a blanket, which you can take a look at here. 

Next on my list was some crochet loveys. Basically, a small cuddly blanket for little hands, with a character on top. I found this pattern here, and used it for an elephant one. I decided to make up my own blanket pattern.

What do you think?




I think it turned out really well and it was fun to make, so now I just want to do more! A friend commissioned me to make this one and another in yellow that I am in the middle of finishing but ran out of wool! 



I have also nearly finished one for a special special baby that will be joining our family in the next few weeks! Another niece or nephew to add to my collection! But I would like to keep that one a surprise! I am thinking of making a few to sell here in Dubai. I'm going to practice some other heads too for different animals. What do you think would be popular?

Thanks for popping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!