Saturday, 2 May 2015

Nutty balls

Haha, couldn't resist that title! This is a quick recipe for some nut balls that I have been making with William recently. We have made them twice now and varied them a little, so feel free to change them up a bit if you try them too.

Reasons to make them...

- Thay are easy for kids to make, and don't require too much help from adults

- No baking required!

- Once you have the ingredients in your cupboard, you can make them again and again without more shopping for fresh produce.

- They are fairly healthy for you, nuts are good for you, low sugar, high protein and they also feature dried fruit. I tried one batch with a low sugar peanut butter, they were ok but I must admit nicer with the normal peanut butter.

So here we go, here are the list of ingredients. The quantities can be changed slightly if you don't have enough of something and don't forget you can add in any other things you think would go well. I ground my nuts first as I thought this would go down better with William, but you don't have to do this. Literally put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. When it comes together like forming a dough you can roll them into balls. Well, they can be whatever shape you want really. I chill them in the fridge for a while just to firm them up before eating. I keep them in the fridge in an air tight container.

Nut balls Ingredients

3 table spoons of peanut butter

3 table spoons of ground cashew nuts

3 table spoons of ground almonds

6 apricots, chopped into small pieces

1 table spoon of cranberries

1 table spoon of raisins

2 table spoons of oats

1 table spoon of chia seeds

1 table spoon of sesame seeds

2 table spoons of chocolate chips.

You can easily mix up this recipe by using different dried fruits, small chunks of dried Apple may be nice. As long as the ratio of peanut butter to dry ingredients is right and you can form them into solid shapes they are good to go! I'm wondering if adding a little coco powder might be nice?

If you try them, please do send me a photo or tag me in Instagram as I'd love to see others! Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!