Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Super yummy and easy muffins

It's getting pretty hot here in Dubai now, the summer is well on its way! So William and I are having to occupy ourselves inside more. Baking is one of our favourite things to do together, mainly because William likes eating! I came across this recipe here for healthy easy muffins that you can make in a blender.

 

 
They were definitely easy to make! William was able to do most of the steps by himself. He enjoyed slopping the mixture into the cases and topping them with yummy extras! The basic ingredients are pretty healthy so you can feel good about giving them to your little ones! If you check out the original recipe linked above, there are loads of options to change, different nut butters or added extras. It's such a simple recipe to begin with that you can keep the, plain or jazz them up with any tasty bits your kids like. I added some oats and chia seeds to our basic mix for a little extra goodness.
 

 

With school creeping up on us in September, I thought these would make a great snack to pop in Williams lunch box... And maybe mine too! They can be frozen too so you can make a few batches and get some out when you need them!
 
 
Here is the basic recipe I used, taken from Happy Healthy Mama (5 Ingredient blender muffins - 15 ways). The Healthy Mamas photos are rather more lovely looking than mine! So do pop over and check out her post.
 
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 banana
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbl spoons honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
 
2 tsp chia seeds
2 tbl spoons oats
 

We tried toppings of cinnamon, chocolate chips, blueberries and strawberry jam centres. I'm looking forward to tucking into these this morning with a coffee!


 

 


 

 

3 comments:

  1. Using a blender is a great idea! I love easy recipes so I might give this one a go! #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. They were very tasty, although once they cooled they did shrink a little bit! Worth giving them a go!

      Delete
  2. Muffins are enormously popular at my house, but peanut butter, not so much. The irony is that my daughters love peanuts, just not in butter form! I'll see whether making it themselves might tempt my littles. Thanks for linking with #TwinklyTuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments so keep 'em coming!! Feel free to post links to your own blogs if you think i'll like them too!